Thursday, December 17, 2009

Row row row your boat

Like the title says, getting ready for our Christmas cruise can be hard work! So far I have done laundry, ran an errand, cleaned the refrigerator(Ok, it was not for the cruise but really needed to be done) and started packing. We are leaving friday after school and taking 2 days to drive down. We will surprise one of the girls that was in my Young Womens Organization by showing up at her wedding reception saturday night. We get on the boat sunday with my in laws who will travel from Memphis, TN. It will be nice to relax and scuba dive and read a few mindless books. I feel really blessed that I feel well enough to go and I know that is due to all the prayers and positive thoughts coming my way. The only real issue I am dealing with at the moment is the hot flashes! Oh my goodness, they are terrible and constant. Especially at night as they wake me up and this makes it hard to sleep. I sometimes wake up all wet from sweating due to the flashes.....NICE! It is from removing all the estrogen from my body so quickly to they are pretty severe. I will talk with my doctor at my next chemo session to see what he recommends. I know there are a lot of remedies out there but I want to run everything by him first. I won't be back from the cruise until the 28th but want to thank everyone who has brought us meals and wonderful Christmas baskets....you know who you are......and especially your cards, letters and prayers. It is my faith that keeps me going and your prayers that stregnthen my faith. May you have a very merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I think you got out just in the nick of time. It is supposed to REALLY snow tonight! I'm so jealous-you on a cruise, us in a blizzard!

    ReplyDelete