Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home again home again jiggidy jig





Home again home again jiggidy jig boy do I feel like a Piggidy pig. We just returned from our cruise and my taste buds came back about day 4 and I ate everything in sight. I sure wish I had not missed the chocolate bar...that was a tragedy! The cruise was good except for the cool weather. It was nice to be with my husband parents and be able to visit. We did not get to scuba dive since Carnival would not accept kelly's junior open water card even though she has been diving all over the Crribean, Mexico and the U.S. It is just a matter of sending in her card for a replacement but it was never mentioned that she needed an adult card befor we booked the excursion. Anyway, we made arrangements with an independent operator in Grand Cayman but the water was so rough we had to cancel......darn, I guess we will just have to plan a dive trip. It was wonderful to surprise all our friends in Florida. The first person we ran in to when we got there was our former Bishop from church and of course it was at the Wal-mart. It was wonderful to see him and catch up on family news. Our former neighbors had a great dinner party for us and the wedding reception was great since we got to see all the shocked faces. On the way home we had lunch with our good friends and former real estate agent. They were headed to Key West for New Years so we met them half way.
Well, I just finished my chemo today and have only one more dose. For all of you who do not think the prayers and blessings are helping I am proof that they are! My blood counts are normal and the doctor said I can go back to playing tennis. They will put me on Femera at my next chemo treatment and I will then be able to lead a completely normal life (with hair!) for as long as it works.....because of your continued prayers I am betting on 30 years or more......I do have faith. Please know that it is God's chemo that is helping me the most. I am also getting genetic testing at my next appointment. I met a nurse there who has had breast cancer twice one time in each breast. Her mother had it and she was first diagnosed at 32. She tested positive for the BRCA gene and so did her 22 yo daughter. When her daughter is done having kids she will have her ovaries and both breasts removed. She is a a 50% greater risk for ovarian cancer and a very great risk for breast cancer. So, If your mom has had it then this is something you should look in to. I am doing it for the sake of my two daughters and can hopefully spare them from all of this. They will start having MRI's done on their breasts at 25 y.o. Well enough of me. I love everyone of you and consider yourselves all doctors as your prayers are all good medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment