Friday, December 11, 2009

The good the bad and the ugly

First, the good, I am feeling much better today after a really rough evening yesterday. I am not sure if it was the chemo or the medication I was given yesterday but I felt aweful! I took some pain medication which I have not had to do for a long time. I was really worried that I would not be able to attend the Christmas party we are in charge of at our church but I prayed that I would feel better today and those prayers were answered. Now the bad, my wonderful daughter left this morning on a 6 am flight back to Utah and her husband. We hated to see her leave and I know her sister will really miss her too. She was able to go to a couple of Kelly's swim meets and get to know her little sister better which was good for them both. She was also a big help with dinner and running errands when I did not feel up to it. She will be missed! Now, the ugly. The new recomendation that women not do breast self exam as it is not effective......are you serious! It is true that by the time you feel something in the breast, you may be in the later stages of the disease, but since we have been told that mamograms do not detect many types of cancer, this is another way that women can detect it. In fact, most of the women I have met, found their own cancer through self exam including myself so.........continue to feel your boobies!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Thanks for the counsel. I hope you had a good day. I was in charge of our RS Enrichment Jamboree. You know, crafts and goodies to make to gift to teachers and friends. It was a lot of fun and we made some really cool stuff. Tonight, Josh has his Space Derby, kind of like the Pine Wood Derby but with a wooden space ship. I'm hoping Brian will take him because I'm exhausted! It was really cold today, but no more snow. I hope you have a good Sunday. Take it easy, and don't do too much. It really is your time to heal. Let OTHERS help you, they could use the blessings too you know. Talk to you later, xoxojulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on to the self exam! I know my husband would be sad if we ever stopped that!!! AND just think if you hadn't found it yourself Richelle, it scares me to the core if you hadn't kept pushing the doctors to keep looking. You knew something was wrong when they kept telling you that these things happen. Well they don't and if you hadn't pushed....

    ReplyDelete