Ok, I admit, I have been horrible about letting everyone know how I am. My last Oncologist visit was nerve racking as I had not been feeling like myself and had had a few more aches and pains than usual. I was terrified I would be getting some bad news. Chris went with me and we were both overjoyed to hear that my blood work was all completely normal. My doctor is so impressed that he wants another bone scan before my next appointment so that he can compare it to the first one. I lit that one up like a Christmas tree! I am not sure I really want to do it since no news is sometimes the best news. He has taken good care of me so far so I will just do what he says.
Jeanette Willes (my cousin Johns wife)came to visit me on the one year anniversary of my diagnosis and we had a wonderful time. We went and had manicures and massages and ate gourmet cupcakes. Then, the next day, I took her to a service project. A member of our stake is dying of cancer and wanted to be buried in a family cemetery on his land that he is clearing. I had her hauling tree branches and moving logs........I hope she has forgiven me. If you know Jeanette, this was a true sacrifice for her and she was a trooper. We were also able to see the play Oklahoma. It was wonderful having her here and letting her get to know Kelly better too. They really enjoyed each other and Kelly is wearing the "hoodie" with San Diego on it, that she bought for her.We are hoping Kelly can spend some time with them this summer and get to know her cousins better.
The same week that Jeanette left, I flew to Utah to see my son and visit with family. I started off the week by having dinner with Chris's sister Becca and her husband Dennis and their wonderful kids. I stayed at my brother Danny's home and was able to catch up with his family and got to carve pumpkins with his kids. What a great group they are! I was also able to spoil my son and his roommates and attend church at BYU and do a session at the Provo temple. We also attended a football game. It was pouring down rain 20 minutes before the game and we were running around trying to find rain ponchos. We finally gave up and left his apartment to walk to the stadium and it immediately clearing up and did not start raining again until we got back to the apartment. It was a blessing. Oh yeah, we also won the game. We ran into several people that we knew from Florida and it was good to see them as a bonus. Steven is doing well and enjoying the "Y" much more than his freshmen year. I was also able to see my parents and Aunt and uncle. All in all it was a great trip!
We just got back from Williamsburg visiting our daughter and her husband. They were living in a wonderful townhouse but had 3 broken pipes in 2 months and the last one flooded them out. They are staying in temporary housing until renovations are completed. The entire place was gutted and all pipes are being replaced. They are anxious to move back in as the place they are staying is not that great. They caught two mice while Kelly was there. They went to Bush Gardens and had a wonderful time together. We are hoping they can spend more time together as sisters! As you can see we are very busy and it is sometimes hard to keep up with it all. We pray every night for our friends and family and are thankful for yours. I am blessed and I hope I never take it for granted!
nice couple of weeks!!!! so glad that everything is going so well!!!! my favorite picture by FAR is the picture of you and grizzly adams i mean danny! love you!
ReplyDelete