Life can be confusing. I just received word this past weekend that a former member of our church congregation was killed by drowning after saving his two small children from a rip current at Myrtle Beach. He leaves behind four small children and his wife is a expecting their 5th. It is difficult to imagine such a tragedy and yet in the end mortality is but a moment for us all. My prayers are with this family and others who are suffering. Life can be long or short but I hope to make the most of it. Chris and I recently took Kelly and some friends to the top of Sharp top mountain. It is the 2nd largest peak in Virginia and by Utah standards is not much of a mountain. It is a pretty good hike to the top and has beautiful views. Chris was also gone to Spain recently on business and these days that is always hard. He was gone for a week but was able to come home one day early because the FDA showed up on his works doorstep and the CEO wanted him there. It all turned out good as they are still in business. We celebrated by going dancing at a local club and had a great time. They had two live bands play and there was a lot of music from our high school years. We stayed out until 11:30 pm......WOW that really did us in!!!. No, we really would have liked to stay longer but we had to make sure Kelly was in a curfew so we had one too. I am back to playing tennis more regularly and falling asleep is getting easier too. I have Chris stretch my shoulder so that every day I get a little more range of motion. I also attend Kelly's volleyball games twice a week and try to get some exercise myself 3 to 4 times per week. My last check up with the Oncologist went great and all my blood tests are normal with no sign of the cancer. The medication I am on is doing its job and I always have a thankful prayer in my heart for that. All in all, I am blessed and I hope I never take that for granted. I try to enjoy each moment in time........no matter how many I am given.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
One Moment In Time
Life can be confusing. I just received word this past weekend that a former member of our church congregation was killed by drowning after saving his two small children from a rip current at Myrtle Beach. He leaves behind four small children and his wife is a expecting their 5th. It is difficult to imagine such a tragedy and yet in the end mortality is but a moment for us all. My prayers are with this family and others who are suffering. Life can be long or short but I hope to make the most of it. Chris and I recently took Kelly and some friends to the top of Sharp top mountain. It is the 2nd largest peak in Virginia and by Utah standards is not much of a mountain. It is a pretty good hike to the top and has beautiful views. Chris was also gone to Spain recently on business and these days that is always hard. He was gone for a week but was able to come home one day early because the FDA showed up on his works doorstep and the CEO wanted him there. It all turned out good as they are still in business. We celebrated by going dancing at a local club and had a great time. They had two live bands play and there was a lot of music from our high school years. We stayed out until 11:30 pm......WOW that really did us in!!!. No, we really would have liked to stay longer but we had to make sure Kelly was in a curfew so we had one too. I am back to playing tennis more regularly and falling asleep is getting easier too. I have Chris stretch my shoulder so that every day I get a little more range of motion. I also attend Kelly's volleyball games twice a week and try to get some exercise myself 3 to 4 times per week. My last check up with the Oncologist went great and all my blood tests are normal with no sign of the cancer. The medication I am on is doing its job and I always have a thankful prayer in my heart for that. All in all, I am blessed and I hope I never take that for granted. I try to enjoy each moment in time........no matter how many I am given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment