Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Time and a Season for all Things



With my last chemo complete and my recovery to normalacy nearly done the weather has decided to go crazy here. Two weeks ago we had 18" on snow and thankfully we were in Orlando. This past week we had another 14" and the kids have been out of school for this entire week.......can you say "mental breakdown". On top of that, Chris has been out of town the whole time and just returned thursday evening and is leaving again on saturday for another week....and guess what? We have another snow and ice strom coming this weekend.....Hurray! Boy do I miss Florida! Anyway, since I have been going crazy I decided to cook....see, I told you. Well I made a HUGE pasta salad and decided to take some around to some friends and took Kelly with me. At the first house we got stuck in the snow and had to have the postman, her grandson, and some other random gentleman help to push us out (I later found out that BMW's do not have front wheel drive. Are'nt they made in Germany and does'nt it snow there?) Anyway, as Kelly stated, "that's what you get for doing something nice mom". Somehow I don't think I taught her anything. Oh well, on to the next house where I noticed that I might get stuck so I turned around and decided to give up.....and got stuck! What a day. Kelly is home again as usual so I decided to have her wisdom teeth pulled....take that! Actually, all kidding a side, it is a good time since no one knows when they will ever go back to school, she is done with her swimming, does not have a job yet and has to finish her Behind the Wheel course before she gets her license. Having her in a Percocet haze can't hurt either......HA! Now for the good news....I am growing a little hair. I look like a newly hatched chick with that downey type fuzz on my head. Chris was pretty cute and kept on stareing at my head and saying, "wow, you can even see the folicules". He is so romantic! Speaking of romance, on the 12th we are in charge of a tri-ward Valentines Dance and I am very excited about it. I will post pictures for sure. Last year everyone had a great time. Well enough of me. The lesson this week that I have learned is "accept the things I can not change and try to be happy while accepting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment