Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small miracles everyday

I had my first follow-up post-chemo appointment today and the "small miracles" keep coming! It appears that the Femara pill that I am now taking is working wonderfully. My doctor informed me that it works for about 50% of woman and so far I am one of them. He said that you can usually tell pretty quickly if it is not going to work. So, I have been very blessed that the first chemo they tried as well as the Femara have both been effective right away. This has been a HUGE blessing in that no time has been wasted with ineffective treatments. He also mentioned that my blood work has improved with each visit meaning that my bone marrow is working regardless of the bone cancer. This means that my body is winning the war so far. He mentioned that the Femara generally works for 5 years and possibly longer. With the wonderful funding that breast cancer enjoys, I can only hope that there will be many more new and better treatments whenever that time is up. He mentioned there are many options out there even now.............I guess God has more work for me to do and I am happy to get the time to do it. Your prayers really do create miracles in my life. THANKS!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that the med is working! That's such joyful news!

    ReplyDelete