Monday, February 8, 2010

Pants on the ground...looking like a fool

I received a wonderful letter from a dear friend from church who recited that song just to give me some thing to smile about. It was perfect timing since I am trying to deal with the last teenager I will ever have. I love my kids dearly but I must admit that between the years of about 15 to 17 it can be really hard to like them. I thought that somehow my illness would make this whole teenager thing easier.....alas the fantasy has not become reality. I guess I should be happy that her life is so unaffected by this and that she feels the freedom to be completely "normal". Oh well, my other children are doing well and we had our battles with them while they were growing up so I can take comfort in knowing that "this to shall pass".
Chris is out of town again this week and was at last contact in Germany. I think he is going to France next. It sounds very exotic but he just sits in meetings most of the time. I hope when we are empty nesters I can travel with him and we can do a little sight seeing along with business.
School has finally started back this week but was delayed this morning and tomarow and may even be canceled again as we are expecting another 3-5". I know it is not much for most people but it closes this place down.
As far as my health, I have been having some trouble with bone pain in my back that comes and goes. It is due to the Nuelasta I was taking with the chemo and will should go away with time. I can usually deal with it with Ibuprofen but last night I had to "pop some percocet" I hate doing that but I am not a happy camper with out my sleep. I will never understand those people that enjoy taking narcotics, they always make me feel fuzzy and out of control. Maybe that is because I am a type "A" person and just cant deal with that out of body feeling. Anyway, It will go away with time as it has in the past so I am not to worried about it.
I have been praying for several people at church that have lost jobs and for some family h with recent health issues. I have found that my prayers are much more personal when I pray for others. All those years that I was not so tuned in to other peoples challenges have made me feel as though I need to make up for lost time. I have found that I really love people and enjoy just visiting with them and getting to know them better. What a blessing this has been to me. And what a blessing your prayers have been for me. I am truly grateful and privilaged to know such wonderful people. Enough rambling......I need to get to bed, just felt like saying hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment