Sunday, November 22, 2009

More good news

Sorry it has been a few days. When I am feeling well, it is hard to find time to write. I had wonderful news on thursday. I had a repeat MRI done on my head. I did not tell most people that I had been told in the hospital that they found some cancer in my brain. After review by several physicians, they decided it might be a brain bleed brought on by my low platelet count at the time. I was scheduled for a follow-up in three weeks. You can imagine how scared I was. I happened to get my H1N1 shot the same day in my doctors office and the nurses..who I love..asked how I was doing and I mentioned the scan and immediately started to cry as I was nervous about the results. Just then my doctor walked by and they told him I had just had my scan. He volunteered to get the results right then and said he had a good feeling about it. Rightly so, as my brain scan was clear.....YEAH! We are also changing me to a 3 week schedule of chemo and looking into studies that I may be eligible for when I come off my chemo. It has been hard to always stay upbeat but I take any piece of good news and celebrate it. We are going to Memphis for Thanksgiving and all of Chris' family will be there as well as my daughter Jordin. She will then travel home with us to spend and extra week. She won't see me at my best when we get home as I am scheduled for chemo on that monday. It will be wonderful to have her help out though. Well, better sign off. It is a beautiful day and I am feeling pretty good. Richelle

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you got good news at the Dr!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama!!! I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog religiously. I love you so much and am praying for you. You are amazing!!!!!! Your other daughter - Rachel

    ReplyDelete