Sunday, November 29, 2009

A lot to be thankful for

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were able to spend it with Chris' family in Memphis. All of his sisters were there with their spouses and most of the kids. My mother in law Dana is a phenomenal cook so the food was nothing short of spectacular. It was wonderful to have everyone together as it has been 5 years since that has happened. My daughter Jordin also came from Utah although her husband was stuck at home working. She will stay with us here in Virginia for an additional 2 weeks which will be wonderful. I am dreading my next round of chemo on thursday as I am starting to see the long term side effects of peeling skin and lifting fingernails. I still can not taste much which was a real bummer at Thanksgiving. I especially can not stand chocolate or diet Coke, my two biggest vices pre-cancer. I have been feeling well the past week so I should not complain as everyday I can spend with my family is a good day. I hope Thanksgiving was good to you all and as always, keep me in your prayers. Richelle

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your family... that's always nice! I've been following your story since Faith let me know about your blog and I love your positivity and your courage. Keep Smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Keep your chin up!!

    ReplyDelete