Monday, May 17, 2010

Paradise






Ok, time to check in. I went to my doctor about 2 weeks ago and my chest x-ray was clear and my blood work good. The only problem I am having is pain in my left shoulder. This started about one month ago and I am not sure if it is because it is the shoulder I sleep on, the bone medicine I am on or the cancer. I am pretty sure it is not the cancer because it is getting worse and my blood work is looking good. It is almost like a nerve problem as I have shooting pains into my lower arm and hands. If it does not get better by my next visit, I will have him check it out. I did not sleep well last night because of it so I guess I should look in to it. Ok, enough of the "medical stuff" and onto the good stuff. Friday night Kelly had an overnighter for camp counselor training and we were supposed to meet up with friends and go to Bush Gardens. They canceled at the last minute which was a good thing because Chris' flight from Germany to Philadelphia went well but from Philly to hear Thursday night was a disaster. They were halfway home and turned around and went back because there was to much fog to land. He rented a car and drove to DC, spent the night at 1:00 am and then drove the rest of the way Friday morning. So, what to do at the last minute with our daughter gone? We quickly looked on the Internet and found the most wonderful private cabins ever! there are three but they are far apart for REAL privacy. We ran around in robes all day and bought food on the way there and cooked out. You can see Chris cooking in his robe. There was a hot tub on the back porch and Chris and I enjoyed our sparkling GRAPE JUICE......No, we really don't drink. It was sheer PARADISE. The best part is that they are close by in Lexington area so we can go back on a moments notice. The only problem we had was on the way up the drive through a cow pasture, we had some barbed wire wrap around our Axel (see pic). We called the owner and he was there in 3 minutes with some wire cutters to our rescue. It was a lot of wire and a miracle not damage was done to the car or our tires. Saturday we went and picked up Kelly, drove to Roanoke to get Chris' car at the airport, ran errands and finally passed out. Sunday after church we hiked to Crabtree falls with Kelly and some of her friends. That is the most gorgeous hike ever! we forgot the camera so no pics from there.
Hope everyone is well and thanks to those who have loaned me books, given me nutritional advice and most of all, those who keep me in their prayers. I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. i love your hair richelle! it looks really good!!! yeah for looking hot bald and now looking even hotter with the short hair! we never would have known how cute your bald head was! i of course would have traded not knowing.....

    sounded like you had sooo much fun! i love how chris is hiding in the side of the house so that he wouldn't get caught in his robe! oh well the bladh woman are too fast for that!!!

    ReplyDelete