

So much to report on! We made our quick trip to Utah to see Jordin graduate. Her husband could have to but chose not to so they could keep their student health insurance until august. He will graduate then. It was such a proud moment for Chris and I. She has really become a beautiful young woman. My sister Tonya and her family came up from California and we were able to visit with my brother Dan and his family. It was a quick trip! Two travel days and 2 days there. We ate out way to much and stayed at the Super 8 which was super great........not really but it was the only place that had available rooms at such late notice but it really was not to bad and was located right at the edge of campus. We can not wait for them to move to Virginia and be a little closer. They are now on a cruise celebrating the next phase of their schooling. Jordin has decided with this job market that she may attend graduate school if she is unable to find a job in her field. We all hope she can but what the heck, might as well get more education now if you can.
This weekend has also been busy as we watched a lacrosse game Thursday night and then drove down with some friends to West Virginia and went white water rafting. It was wonderful and we had the shock of our lives when we came to a class 3 rapid (they went up to 5) and our guide, who was in her 40's and ran the river for years, told us that if we hit this rapid at the perfect moment, there was a small chance we could flip. Well, guess what, we did and we did. It was obvious to us all that she had not expected to take a swim on this trip as she was dressed in a tank top and carpi's. We could not believe we were all in the water. One of the teenage boys we were with was able to save all our paddles and thank goodness we were all in wetsuits. After a great lunch we were all pretty nervous to hit our first class 5's but they turned out to be wonderfully fun and we never got dumped again. We all had so much fun that Kelly was begging to go again.......we would love to but it will take some time to recover. It is such an adrenaline rush! Saturday it was like we had a hangover.
Sunday we had friends over for lunch and I had a make-up tennis match. It was my first doubles match and the first game I have lost in since I have been playing in Lynchburg. It was a heart breaker as we won the first game 6-4 and were up by 4 in the second game and lost 4-6 and then lost the tie breaker. We were so far ahead the second game that I think we just lost focus. I have a new perspective on things so it is hard for me to get really upset about things like that. I am just glad I can play.
I am also speaking this Sunday on Mothers Day. Not sure why I was asked since I am certainly not the perfect example but it should be fairly entertaining. Chris is speaking also so I am going to tell him not to be boring! We shall see.........
My treatment is to marrow and I am anxious to see what my blood work is. They will also do a chest x-ray this time and make sure there is no cancer there. They do this routinely every other visit. I'll let everyone know if there is anything to report. No news is good news.
So anyway, there are my milestones. Daughter and son-in-law graduate college, my first rafting accident, and my first lost tennis match. Each is a blessing and I can't wait for more.....Keep them prayers coming! I love you all.
Congrats to Jordin! You guys could always stay here....SO glad to hear your health is improving. Hi to Chris.
ReplyDeleteKaren W.
So excited to read that you are feeling well and ....white water rafting!! What a woman!!
ReplyDeleteIt's on my list....this year is the year!!
Hope you have a great Wednesday! You are always in my prayers!
:)
Yeah!!! Sounds like ur rafting trip was more eventful then our sister rafting trip!!! U tipped over!! I wish I could have seen that! Love all the pictures! Love u!!!
ReplyDelete