Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Count Your Blessings Name Them One By One

I recently went for my first jog since my diagnosis last friday. I had put my Ipod on safety so never thought the battery would have run out. Many of you know that running is TORTURE with music and without it, it can be worse than waterboarding! Well, it was a beautiful spring day and I was not about to go home. As I was jogging and looking at the sun peaking through the green trees and wild flowers blooming, the children hymn "Count Your Blessings" came to my mind and I sang it (in my head of course) the entire time. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for including all of you.
Saturday we went on a 6 mile hike with Kelly and her friend Leah. It was near Lexington so after a great hike we ate at Wendy's just to eliminate any possibility that we might have done something healthy......no, really, there are a few things there that are not to bad.
Easter was wonderful. We had kelly follow clues to find her Easter basket which is a family tradition. She received a Madame Alexander doll called Little Irish Dancer to remind her of her Irish blood and to give to her daughter one day. I did this for her older sister Jordin too. We ate dinner with another family from church which was nice as there was only the three of us.
Monday and tuesday Chris and I painted the dinning room of a wonderful woman from church. She has become a dear friend and she mentioned that she would like to some day paint over the dark paneling in there. I, of course, was all over that as painting is something we can do. It took three coats of primer to cover the dark wood. We painted all the trim white and she picked out the paint color. Now, having lived in MANY different houses over the years, I have one piece of advice for would be painters. Whatever color you like in the store, choose at least one shade lighter to put on your wall as it always appears darker. The color was a pretty green but on the wall, it looked a lot darker than she would have liked. I felt bad for her but the results were much better than the original dark paneling and the good news is that if she ever wants to repaint, the hard part has been done. It was nice to make her home more cheerful and bright!
Today I am mailing some Ebay items I sold and going to the grocery store so it is a banner day in the McDaniel household......anyone need some painting done? Oh yeah, a wonderful friend also called to ask me to lunch but my husband called no less than one minute before and beat her to it so call me again Jerie! Love Ya'll and keep the blessings coming so I can count them ONE BY ONE!

1 comment:

  1. your fellow joggers i am sure were grateful for the inner singing! for if you sing nearly as good as me i know it is a good thing not to share with the rest of the world! i do love that song but i sing it in portuguese! i grew to love it when i lived in brazil! and it sounds so much better if no one knows what i am saying! :)! i wish i could be there to hike with you! i love to hike but i LOVE hiking with my sisters! thats the most fun! it is so awesome that you have kept the bladh family easter tradition going! that is one of my favorite traditions! i still remember the time tonya sent me all the way to AMPM to get one of my clues and the easter basket ended up being on the roof of the house! ah good times!

    ReplyDelete