Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly.......why O why can't I.....Oh yeah, I still have a teenager at home! It has been amazing how many friends have invited us to come to their lake house, visit over the weekend and even go to Acapulco Mexico for a week. We would jump at the chance to do all these wonderful things, especially since I am feeling so good. But, we have a huge problem in that we have one little "blue bird" that has not left the nest and the law says I can't push her out until she is 18 years old...Oh well, such is life. We love her dearly but she is in the wonderful stage of zero memory and can't even remember to turn off the house lights and put the garage door down so it is unlikely that we could leave her by herself for more than one night. We know from past experience that this stage won't last forever and that she will all to soon "fly the coop". It is just hard to let these good days go by when you are not sure how long they will last....again, I am counting on at least 30!
I have been trying to keep busy by helping others which I love to do. Last week I helped a friend, who will be moving soon, scrape her ceilings and sort through some stuff to get her home ready to sell. Chris is helping her son get his Eagle Project together so he won't have to do it after the move. I was also able to babysit a beautiful little girl who reminds me that I DO want grandchildren in the not so distant future.
My daughter and son in law are coming to check out William and Mary Law school next week. He will be starting there in the fall and they want to check out apartments and get their Virginia licenses so they can take advantage of in state tuition ASAP. It will be wonderful to have them 3 hours away and speaking of grand kids.........the sooner she can get a job with benefits!!. We are attending her Brigham Young University graduation next month. She finished her degree in Health Education and a minor in history. She is hoping to teach school or be a drug rep for a pharmaceutical company.
Well enough for now. I am feeling great and playing a little tennis, taking long walks and wishing I was in Acapulco!!! ONE OF THESE DAYS.......thanks to all for the love and prayers.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment